e-Competence: Title + generic description
A.5 Architecture Design
Specifies, refines, updates and makes available a formal approach to implement solutions, necessary to develop and operate the IS architecture. Identifies change requirements and the components involved: hardware, software, applications, processes, information and technology platform. Takes into account interoperability, scalability, usability and security. Maintains alignment between business evolution and technology developments.
e-Competence proficiency levels (on e-CF levels e-1 to e-5, related to EQF levels 3 to 8
Exploits specialist knowledge to define relevant ICT technology and specifications to be deployed in the construction of multiple ICT projects, applications or infrastructure improvements.
Acts with wide ranging accountability to define the strategy to implement ICT technology compliant with business need. Takes account of the current technology platform, obsolescent equipment and latest technological innovations.
Provides ICT strategic leadership for implementing the enterprise strategy. Applies strategic thinking to discover and recognize new patterns in vast datasets and new ICT systems, to achieve business savings.
|Knowledge examples||Knows/ Aware of/ Familiar with:
- K1 architecture frameworks and systems design tools
- K2 systems architecture requirements: performance, maintainability, extendibility, scalability, availability, security and accessibility
- K3 costs, benefits and risks of a system architecture
- K4 the company’s enterprise architecture and internal standards
- K5 new emerging technologies (e.g., distributed systems, virtualisation models, datasets, mobile systems)
|Skills examples||Able to:
- S1 provide expertise to help solve complex technical problems and ensure best architecture solutions are implemented
- S2 use knowledge in various technology areas to build and deliver the enterprise architecture
- S3 understand the business objectives/ drivers that impact the architecture component (data, application, security, development etc.)
- S4 assist in communication of the enterprise architecture and standards, principles and objectives to the application teams
- S5 develop design patterns and models to assist system analysts in designing consistent applications
Back to list