e-Competence: Title + generic description
A.4 Product / Service Planning
Analyses and defines current and target status. Estimates cost effectiveness, points of risk, opportunities, strengths and weaknesses, with a critical approach. Creates structured plans; establishes time scales and milestones, ensuring optimisation of activities and resources. Manages change requests. Defines delivery quantity and provides an overview of additional documentation requirements. Specifies correct handling of products, including legal issues in accordance with current regulations.
e-Competence proficiency levels (on e-CF levels e-1 to e-5, related to EQF levels 3 to 8
Acts systematically to document standard and simple elements of product.
Exploits specialist knowledge to create and maintain complex documents of the project or product.
Provides leadership and takes responsibility for, developing and maintaining overall plans.
|Knowledge examples||Knows/ Aware of/ Familiar with:
- K1 effective frameworks for project governance plans
- K2 typical KPI (key performance indicators)
- K3 basic decision-making methods
- K4 IPR principles and regulation
- K5 agile techniques
- K6 structured Project Management Methodologies (e.g. agile techniques)
- K7 optimisation methods (e.g. lean management)
- K8 new emerging technologies
|Skills examples||Able to:
- S1 identify all potential targets for the product or project
- S2 define the communication plan; identify key users and create related documentation
- S3 produce quality plans
- S4 ensure and manage adequate information for decision makers
- S5 manage the change request process
- S6 manage the product/ service development management lifecycle (inclusive of the formal change request process)
Back to list