e-Competence: Title + generic description
B.6 Systems Engineering
Engineers software and/ or hardware components to meet solution requirements such as specifications, costs, quality, time, energy efficiency, information security and data protection. Follows a systematic methodology to analyse and build the required components and interfaces. Builds system structure models and conducts system behavior simulation. Performs unit and system tests to ensure requirements are met.
e-Competence proficiency levels (on e-CF levels e-1 to e-5, related to EQF levels 3 to 8
Ensures interoperability of the system components. Exploits wide ranging specialist knowledge to create a complete system that will satisfy the system constraints and meet the customer’s expectations.
Handles complexity by developing standard procedures and architectures in support of cohesive product development. Establishes a set of system requirements that will guide the design of the system. Identifies which system requirements should be allocated to which elements of the system.
|Knowledge examples||Knows/ Aware of/ Familiar with:
- K1 appropriate software programs/ modules, DBMS and programming languages
- K2 hardware components, tools and hardware architectures
- K3 functional & technical designing
- K4 state of the art technologies
- K5 programming languages
- K6 power consumption models of software and/or hardware
- K7 information Security Basics
- K8 prototyping
|Skills examples||Able to:
- S1 explain and communicate the design/development to the customer
- S2 perform and evaluate test results against product specifications
- S3 apply appropriate software and/or hardware architectures
- S4 design and develop hardware architecture, user interfaces, business software components and embedded software components
- S5 manage and guarantee high levels of cohesion and quality in complex software developments
- S6 use data models
- S7 apply appropriate development and/or process models, to develop effectively and efficiently
Back to list