e-Competence: Title + generic description
E.9 IS Governance
Defines, deploys and controls the management of information systems in line with business imperatives. Takes into account all internal and external parameters such as legislation and industry standard compliance to influence risk management and resource deployment to achieve balanced business benefit.
e-Competence proficiency levels (on e-CF levels e-1 to e-5, related to EQF levels 3 to 8
Provides leadership for IT governance strategy by communicating, propagating and controlling relevant processes across the entire IT infrastructure.
Defines and aligns the IT governance strategy incorporating it into the organisations corporate governance strategy. Adapts the IT governance strategy to take into account new significant events arising from legal, economic, political, business or environmental issues.
|Knowledge examples||Knows/ Aware of/ Familiar with:
- K1 the IT infrastructure and the business organisation
- K2 the business strategy of the company
- K3 the business values
- K4 the legal requirements
|Skills examples||Able to:
- S1 manage applicable governance models
- S2 analyse the business context of the company and its evolution
- S3 define and implement appropriate key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- S4 communicate the value, risks and opportunities derived from the IS strategy
Back to list