e-Competence: Title + generic description
E.3 Risk Management
Implements the management of risk across information systems through the application of the enterprise defined risk management policy and procedure. Assesses risk to the organisations business, and documents potential risk and containment plans.
e-Competence proficiency levels (on e-CF levels e-1 to e-5, related to EQF levels 3 to 8
Understands and applies the principles of risk management and investigates ICT solutions to mitigate identified risks
Decides on appropriate actions required to adapt security and address risk exposure. Evaluates, manages and ensures validation of exceptions; audits ICT processes and environment.
Provides leadership to define and make applicable a policy for risk management by considering all the possible constraints, including technical, economic and political issues. Delegates assignments.
|Knowledge examples||Knows/ Aware of/ Familiar with:
- K1 corporate values and interests to apply risk analysis to
- K2 the return on investment compared to risk avoidance
- K3 good practices (methodologies) and standards in risk analysis
|Skills examples||Able to:
- S1 develop risk management plan to identify required preventative actions
- S2 communicate and promote the organisations risk analysis outcomes and risk management processes
- S3 design and document the processes for risk analysis and management
- S4 apply mitigation and contingency actions
Back to list