e-Competence: Title + generic description
E.1 Forecast Development
Interprets market needs and evaluates market acceptance of products or services. Assesses the organisations potential to meet future production and quality requirements. Applies relevant metrics to enable accurate decision making in support of production, marketing, sales and distribution functions.
e-Competence proficiency levels (on e-CF levels e-1 to e-5, related to EQF levels 3 to 8
Exploits skills to provide short-term forecast using market inputs and assessing the organisations production and selling capabilities.
Acts with wide ranging accountability for the production of a long-term forecast. Understands the global marketplace, identifying and evaluating relevant inputs from the broader business, political and social context.
|Knowledge examples||Knows/ Aware of/ Familiar with:
- K1 market size and relevant fluctuations
- K2 accessibility of the market according to current conditions (e.g. government policies, emerging technologies, social and cultural trends, etc.)
- K3 the extended supply chain operation
- K4 large scale data analysis techniques (data mining)
|Skills examples||Able to:
- S1 apply what-if techniques to produce realistic outlooks
- S2 generate sales forecasts in relation to current market share
- S3 generate production forecasts taking into account manufacturing capacity
- S4 compare sales and production forecasts and analyse potential mismatches
- S5 interpret external research data and analyse information
Back to list