e-Competence: Title + generic description
D.6 Channel Management
Develops the strategy for managing third party sales outlets. Ensures optimum commercial performance of the value-added resellers (VAR) channel through the provision of a coherent business and marketing strategy. Defines the targets for volume, geographic coverage and the industry sector for VAR engagements and structures incentive programmes to achieve complimentary sales results.
e-Competence proficiency levels (on e-CF levels e-1 to e-5, related to EQF levels 3 to 8
Acts creatively to influence the establishment of a VAR network. Manages the identification and assessment of potential VAR members and sets up support procedures. VARs managed to maximise business performance.
Exploits wide ranging skills in marketing and sales to create the organisations VAR strategy. Establishes the processes by which VARs will be managed to maximise business performance.
|Knowledge examples||Knows/ Aware of/ Familiar with:
- K1 the competition (what and where)
- K2 the market distribution across the field
- K3 sales channel typologies (e.g. direct sales, VAR, web marketing)
- K4 incentive policies
- K5 user experience of each channel type
|Skills examples||Able to:
- S1 choose the best sales channel according to the product or solution being delivered
- S2 define discounts according to the competitive environment
- S3 select value added retailers based on thorough analyses, plan and make contacts
- S4 monitor and supervise channel performances in line with sales forecast and able to define corrective actions if necessary
- S5 apply web marketing methods
Back to list