e-Competence: Title + generic description
D.5 Sales Proposal Development
Develops technical proposals to meet customer solution requirements and provide sales personnel with a competitive bid. Underlines the energy efficiency and environmental impact related to a proposal. Collaborates with colleagues to align the service or product solution with the organisations capacity to deliver.
e-Competence proficiency levels (on e-CF levels e-1 to e-5, related to EQF levels 3 to 8
Organises collaboration between relevant internal departments, for example, technical, sales and legal. Facilitates comparison between customer requirement and available ‘off the shelf’ solutions.
Acts creatively to develop proposal incorporating a complex solution. Customises solution in a complex technical environment and ensures feasibility and technical validity of customer offer.
|Knowledge examples||Knows/ Aware of/ Familiar with:
- K1 customer needs
- K2 internally adopted sales and marketing techniques
- K3 legal requirements
- K4 internal business practices
- K5 product or service unique selling points
|Skills examples||Able to:
- S1 construct the framework for proposal documentation
- S2 co-ordinate and facilitate multidiscipline teams contributing to the proposal
- S3 interpret the terms and conditions of the tender documentation
- S4 evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of potential competitors
- S5 ensure that a proposal is of high quality and is submitted on time
- S6 communicate the energy efficiency and environmental-related aspects of a proposal
Back to list