e-Competence: Title + generic description
B.4 Solution Deployment
Following predefined general standards of practice carries out planned necessary interventions to implement solution, including installing, upgrading or decommissioning. Configures hardware, software or network to ensure interoperability of system components and debugs any resultant faults or incompatibilities. Engages additional specialist resources if required, such as third party network providers. Formally hands over fully operational solution to user and completes documentation recording all relevant information, including equipment addressees, configuration and performance data.
e-Competence proficiency levels (on e-CF levels e-1 to e-5, related to EQF levels 3 to 8
Performs under guidance and in accordance with detailed instructions, the removal or installation of individual components.
Acts systematically to build or deconstruct system elements. Identifies non performing components and establishes root cause of failure within the overall solution. Provides support to less experienced colleagues.
Accounts for own and others actions within solution provision activities including comprehensive communications with client. Exploits specialist knowledge to influence solution construction. Gives advice on aligning work processes and procedures with software upgrades.
|Knowledge examples||Knows/ Aware of/ Familiar with:
- K1 performance analysis techniques
- K2 techniques related to problem management (operation, performance, compatibility)
- K3 software packaging and distribution methods and techniques
- K4 the impacts of deployment on the current architecture
- K5 the technologies and standards to be used during the deployment
|Skills examples||Able to:
- S1 organise deployment workflow and product roll-out activities
- S2 organise and plan beta-test activities, testing solution in its final operational environment
- S3 configure components at any level to guarantee correct overall interoperability
- S4 identify and engage expertise needed to solve interoperability problems
- S5 organise and control initial support service provision including user training during system start-up
- S6 organise population of data bases and manage data migration
Back to list